Here is a video tour that I made of Hišimy̓awiƛ, an Alpine Club of Canada hut on 5040 on Vancouver Island. The video covers burning questions such as:
- What the sleeping area look like
- If you can charge your phone (spoiler alert: yes)
- What dishes and cooking equipment is available in the kitchen
- How do wash your dishes (and not be gross)
- Where to get drinking water
- How to make it warm in there in the winter
- What the outhouse looks like
- How to keep the electricity flowing by taking care of the solar panels and generator
- How to clean up after yourself (again, don’t be gross)
I made this video right before all the COVID restrictions started happening in March 2020. Erica and I were hut stewards during the last booking that was open to the public.
But the hut is open again for bookings! So I thought now was as good a time as any to share the video. There are now more guidelines in place for health reasons, which I imagine will keep changing. Check the hut website for up to date details.